Tuesday, August 18, 2009

SRK's baggage excesses

The past weekend has added enough spice & drama to the SRK Gate in the US. I find this entire episode and the media circus around it rather strange, for 2 reasons. Firstly what Mr. Khan said "I was hurt and felt humiliated" this to me is perfectly accepted civil behavior and the guy said it in plain and simple english. It is human nature to protest if you are in disagreement with something. My second observation or shock was the section of the media and the Shobha de' s of the world crusifying SRK.
Heres is what I want to know, what is one got to do if you felt humiliated and hurt? you protest in a civilised way or become a human bomb or worse just sulk and become less human.
We live in the age of intense media scrutiny of celebrities and the News makers. The spin and PR machinery work round the clock. The first 24 hours after the 'incident' there was a lot of sympathy and anger amongst the general public and his fans in perticular and then we see this unfolding of SRK bashing and the vicious attacks by a select group of coloumist and TV commentators.I wonder why the such severe criticism of a civilised human reaction.
I like to stretch this to another level too, just like these columist. We do remember how the world was made to believe about Saddam's WMD's don't we? My question to Sagarika Ghosh and Ms De', are you being paid in cash or kind !

No comments: